Pets are like a family to us. No matter how many pets we have, each one of them is unique. The love, they shower on us is unique. So to speak your attempt of finding unique female dog names is really a thoughtful one.
While choosing a girl dog name from bella to princess, lots and lots of names might get queued up in your mind. But the fact is, most of them should be overused. So how are you gonna find a unique name for your irreplaceable companion? Movie characters, cartoon characters, favorite personalities, and places you can take anything for inspiration. Nothing wrong but it should be in a way such that your pet can easily recognize it without any confusion.
To save your time from crawling through 1000 of names, here I have given a handpicked list of top 100 unique girl dog names in this post. Most of the names here are heavily underused and at the same time, they are undeniably cute. So when you name your dog with such names probably she would out stand from all other cuties in your area. Goal achieved right?
But wait, before deciding a name to your cutie, you should know how your girl would love to be called. We asked the experts and compiled a quick summary for your reference. Go check it out.
What Makes The Best Dog Names? Let’s Ask The Experts
- Naming a pet is more fun but always remember that you are gonna use this name more than 100 times per day to praise, to call and perhaps to yell.
- You can choose any name you like; your pet is going to love it and will get used to respond. But experts claim that dogs easily recognize and understand one or two syllable names better than the longer names with many syllables. It’s the reason why we picked up only the short names in this list.
- Avoid the names that have similar pronunciation with the standard commands like “Sit, Catch, Ball, Down, No etc”. For example, If you name your dog “Bo”, the chances are, she may confuse it with the command “No”.
- Most importantly choose the names that are both easy and nice to call out. Calling your dog, Princess will seem less embracing than calling her with the name Princess Leia in a dog park.
- Our dog will still be considered as a baby even when she hits 17. There’s no denial. But calling her “Kitten”after she grew up into a big girl will seem completely inappropriate. So pick a name that suits her in all the ages to come.
- Giving a name based on her personality trait is the best idea too. If she always seems to be happy and brisk, you can call her buster. If she is dark and attractive, you can call her” Nyx” who is popularly known as the Greek goddess of night.
- So without any further ado let’s quickly jump into the list.